A Small Town Girl In Dhaka City


                   


                            A  Small  Town  Girl  in  Dhaka City  

 

 A Small Town 

Small towns are something fascinating, having a fresh wild wind with a scent of big dreams. Here the night sky is pretty much starry and glittery. Every person living in a small town nurtures a big dream in their heart whether he is a young boy or an old man. As small town residents, if we want to achieve our dreams and be successful in life, we need to leave behind our very own town, our family, our neighborhood, our everything and move to big cities just for better resources and opportunities. We just want to achieve a milestone and be independent to support ourselves and our family. In small towns, we may not have a heavy bank balance, big apartments or fancy restaurants but we have peace of mind and a happy life. Here every child may not have a computer or video games but have big playgrounds to play with their friends. This is how a small town is, full of lives and emotions. Every corner of a small town has plenty of nostalgic stories. Like everyone else living in a small town I also dream big of being independent  and supporting my parents.


The country side of my hometown
( picture taken by me)



Moving to Dhaka City



 Dreams are  commodities which keep us awake. Dreams represent the stories of our life. Like  numerous other  scholars, I also left my birthplace "Chapainawabganj" and moved to Dhaka with a heart filled with dreams, determined to be independent and dream to be a mastermind. It was a hard decision to leave my own  city and move to Dhaka with a bag full of  recollections of my birthplace "Chapainawabganj". Dhaka  megacity  occasionally mesmerizes me. This  megacity has an uncredited charm which we can not see with our regular look. We need to feel every moment living to the fullest to see the charm of this  megacity.



It's been seven months since I moved into Dhaka. I've got  numerous good  musketeers in university. I never felt left out in university because of them. In the beginning, I did not know anything about the public bus routes or which bus I should take to go to university. Some of my  musketeers helped me a lot. Some of them indeed traveled with me to gave me directions about the routes. I’m really  thankful to them. Though I ’m living alone here, I need to manage  things like food, laundry, my own expenses, all by myself. Dhaka  megacity is  tutoring me with introductory life chores. I do not know what will be in the future, if I'll still live in Dhaka or not but Dhaka will remain as fresh as the first spring of my teenage time in my heart. Whenever I leave Dhaka, I'll leave with a ton of  recollections of this magical  megacity.





The Small Town Girl


As a small town girl, I always feel lucky because I could enjoy the little joys of small towns, the beauty of country sides, roaming in the mustard field and sitting beside the river "Mahananda".



My heart still beats whenever I hear the name or things of my hometown. The memories of some certain places run in my mind. I always wanted to move into a big city. Though I have moved to Dhaka, my subconscious mind now misses the memories I created throughout my childhood and teenage years in my hometown. I want to remain the little girl randomly roaming after coaching in the neighborhood, school field, market, river side with my friends. Those days were worth living, full of joy and tension free. A piece of my heart I left in "Chapainawabganj". Wherever I go in life, whether it is Dhaka or some other corner of the world, I want to keep living like the small town girl I left behind with plenty of dreams in heart and eyes full of passion. 


The mesmerizing Mustard fields of Chapainawabganj
( picture taken by me)

                                                         Natural Beauty of my hometown
                                                                 (picture taken by me)






REFERENCES:

1. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dream

2. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mahananda_River

3. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chapai_Nawabganj_District

4. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dhaka

5. https://www.gettyimages.com/





Written By:

- Nusrat Sultana, an optimistic and cheerful girl, is currently studying Electrical and Electronic Engineering(EEE) at BRAC University. She was born and brought up in Chapainawabganj. Nusrat has completed her SSC in 2019 from Nawabganj Govt. Girls' High School and HSC in 2021 from Nawabganj Govt. College. From her childhood, she has been very ambitious about herself, which gives her the spirit to try new things. That is how she gained interest in machines and electronics which led her to choose EEE. Nusrat loves to read books, especially novels. Her favorite writer is Humayun Ahamed.








Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Kaaktaal : A Band from Jail

Evolution of film industry via technology